Video Conferencing Etiquette {FREEBIE}

Hi there! I hope you're having a great week! We have Open House tonight and then THREE more days until our Spring Break!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!! I've got big plans to spend time with this not-so-little-anymore guy.


The CUE conference this year was amazing!!!! I presented with my dear friend and teaching partner, got to spend some awesome time collaborating with and catching up with old friends, and met some new friends too! Our presentation went well too (I think!)! 

I always leave CUE feeling inspired and energized and this year was no different. 


One of my big AH-HA's (aside from overcoming my Twitter fear) was the idea that we HAVE to get kids collaborating and communicating with others outside of our classroom walls. I want my kids to be able to share their work and thinking and learning with others- not just with me and each other. The world is a big place and what better way to get them to understand and collaborate than to video conference!? 

I've video conferenced before with my kids, and they always flip out the first time. When I say flip out, I mean the other classes probably think we have no rules in our classroom, and my kids seem to have forgotten all forms of common courtesy (just because they are so incredibly excited!). 

I'm hoping these posters will help!

{Click the picture to download} 

Do you Skype? Google Hangout? FaceTime with other classes? I'd love to connect my class with yours! Leave a comment or email me!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can "meet up" soon!!! Mystery Skype? Mystery Number? Poetry reading? Just to say hi!? We're up for anything!   

5 comments

  1. I just love everything about this! Great job!!!!!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - Thank you for the inspiring post! I have always wanted to to video conference but didn't know where to start. We would LOVE to give it a shot😄 Thank you Shannon 2nd Grade Tampa, Florida
    Slkjek@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this idea, Sandy! I know nothing about Google Hangout but would love to learn. My 1st graders would be PUMPED...and I'm sure you'd think we have zero rules in our classroom, too. ;) So excited to meet you in Vegas!

    Catherine
    The Brown Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love this! I'd love to give it a try! We are from Ohio and my kiddos would go nuts for this idea!! Let me know

    Hannfri@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to give this a try when school starts again next year. Let me know if you are still doing it for the 2015-2016 school year. I have been teaching 7th graders and next year I will be teaching 2nd graders. YIKES! Big changes!!! Anyway, I have been looking for a variety of ways to incorporate technology into my 2nd grade class next year and I really like this idea :) Thanks for sharing!

    lori.simonson(at)washk12(dot)org

    ReplyDelete