Bright Ideas: Easy Reminders so Kids Won't Forget!

I'm so excited to be linking up with some amazing bloggers again for some more Bright Ideas! 



This is a really useful tip that I use constantly {especially at the end of the school year!} when there are so many fun things going on- like field trips, performances, and parties! 

I was so tired of constantly reminding those kids that would NEVER bring in their permission slips or important paper work, or they'd show up on the big day of our performance and say, "Oh- we were supposed to wear our yellow shirt todaaaaaay...?" (After I'd reminded them about a million times the day before!!!) 

Then I started using reminder bands and this problem decreased!


I just make a copy of whatever I want the kids to remember on bright colored paper, and tape or staple it to them at the end of the day. (I've also seen teachers safety pin it to the kids' back so they can't mess with it or take it off or "lose" it! 

You could use these for things like: 

"Field trip tomorrow! Wear comfortable shoes!"

"Wear your yellow shirt tomorrow! Performance at 1:00"

"Parent-Teacher conference tomorrow at 12:00" 

Pretty much anything you want! 

How do you remind kids!!!?? I'd love to hear your ideas! 

Don't forget to hop around and check out all of the other BRIGHT ideas to help you finish out the school year! :) 

Now I'm off to hang out with this little guy...




6 comments

  1. Brilliant idea and so simple!
    Love the personal touch with the picture of your new sweetie pie at the end. Thanks for sharing!
    : )
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy - love your little guy and your new 'look' - super cute!
    xoxo,
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy!
    Those bands are perfect; especially for those students that constantly leave their notes etc on the floor when they leave! You must be loving motherhood - your little guy is the picture of cuteness!
    :) Shelley
    The Write Stuff Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a smart idea! Your little guy is precious :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! My name is Rachel, and I am brand new to the teacher blogging world! I just graduated from college, and am starting my first full time teaching position in a few days. If you have any tips or advice for a new blogger, please let me know. Also, feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!!!! :)

    -Rachel
    Teaching, Coffee, and Aloha

    ReplyDelete