Enter Math Racers!!!
We do math racers every day in our classroom. And once the kids are trained how to do them, it takes less than 2 minutes each day from start to finish.
Here's what they look like:
Here's how it goes in my classroom.
1. Our teacher assistants pass out math racers to each kiddo.
2. Kiddos go back to their seat and GET READY!
3. I say go and they start madly working on completing their math racer.
4. They have 1 minute and 30 second to complete 20 problems.
5. Timer goes off and they drop their pencils.
6. The teacher assistants collect them and put them in the designated math racer bag to be sent home with a volunteer I
The bag contains everything they'll need to prep them for the next day:
Each kiddo starts off on their 1s. If they miss even one, or don't finish in the given time, they have to repeat it. Once they've completed it and gotten 100%, they move on to the next math racer... 2s, then 3s, then 4s and so on. After they finish 12, they do three sets of doubles, then three sets of doubles plus one, then three sets of mixed practice!
I have a bulletin board in our classroom just for math racers. It looks like this:
When a kiddo moves onto their next math racer, we move their race car to the next one. This is very exciting for them. And I hear all about it when we forget to change one...
I am so excited to offer my whole math racers addition pack on TPT!
The unit includes:
- Addition facts 1-12
- Three sets of doubles
- Three sets of doubles plus one
- Three sets of mixed practice
- Answer keys
- Directions on how to prepare them (to send home with volunteers)
- Ideas for how to implement them in your classroom
Click the picture to check it out! And please let me know what you think!!! :) I will give it to the first two friends to comment with their email address!
I hope you can use them to help your students memorize their math facts!!!
Also, it's not to late to hop on over to A Cupcake for the Teacher and enter her awesome 1,000 followers giveaway!!!! :)
Now I'm off to a baseball game with the fam! :) And you know what baseball season means...summer is near!!!!